HOW TO ORDER – THE EASY WAY!
• Browse the shell listings and use the links to view actual specimen images
• Take note of number, species and price
• Using ‘copy’ and ‘paste’, list your choices in e-mail and send to: email@example.com
Snail Mail: Ian Holden,
30 Devon Crescent
Canada, B3R 2G3.
Phone #: (902) 479-7143.
Fax: (902) 479-1863.
NOTE: I will do my very best to get your packages out as quickly as possible after payment is received. However, given the number and complexity of the packages already “in progress”, we do try our best. Also, I will get invoices out within 2 business days maximum.
ABBREVIATIONS: w/o = with operculum. w/perio = with periostracum. w/proto = with protoconch. (not always included – only when noteworthy) R.L. = Rough lip (better than a filed one!)
DATA: Exactly as recieved. I try to get the best info wherever possible. Also, I try to find the “correct” genus!
DISCOUNTS and DEALS:
1) Often, I will negotiate on prices – why not try me??
2) $20 credit for every new customer gained through your recommendation (effective when they make an order and give your name!).
DEALERS: 15% discount for dealer orders over $200.
… …GEM = perfect to the unaided eye. This is quite uncommon!
… …F++ or F+++ = almost perfect: superior quality.
… …F+ = minor imperfections: still a good quality shell.
… …F = moderate imperfections, often to lip, spire, or surface. However, not a “write-off”!
… …F- = not great.
… …gd(good) = NOT good. Only offered because of extreme rarity or “special features” of rare occurance.
… …F+/F++, F high, F/F+ = intermediate grades: one tries!
PAYMENT and POSTAGE INFORMATION (link to details)
PRICES: I try to price things fairly and on the low side in general, but if you think any listed prices are too high, simply make me an offer – I’m NOT that hard to get along with!!
OVERPAYMENTS AND REFUNDS: Are promptly forwarded!!
RETURNS: You don’t like it, you don’t pay for it (full refund (or credit if you prefer) upon satisfactory return).
UPDATES: a): I will update the list as often as possible, but since many are “one-of-a-kind” items, don’t forget to include some “Alternate Selections”!
b): I’ll be adding new material often as possible. Under normal conditions, it will be marked as NEW.
VARIATION SETS (AND CONTRAST PAIRS): These are a “speciality ” of mine-a Labour of Love. Like many folks, I am fascinated by conchological variation: color, pattern, form, sculpture. Therefore, whenever possible, I try to offer carefully selected sets or “series” of specimens, showing as much non-trivial variation as possible, often with surprising results! I hope you will take advantage of some of these offerings, and I promise to make the resulting experience as rewarding as I possibly can.
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please tell me. I promise to do everything I can to help you. If you are satisified, please feel free to tell others! Thank-you in advance for your patronage and support!!
To avoid confusion, please specify exactly which item you wish (item #, name & price should do it)!
Prices: Are in USD, but payment may be in USD, or Canadian or Sterling equivalent.
Note: For the 1st few orders, pre-payment is requested, with estimated postage (see below) Address: Ian Holden , P.O. Box 20005, 349 Herring Cove Rd., Halifax, N.S., Canada, B3P 1L1.
An invoice may be requested and the specimens reserved until payment arrives. For “on account” customers, payment is politely requested within 7 days of receiving order; – we operate on very little capital!
Payments: I take Paypal (use my regular email address), Money Gram, Western Union, Personal Cheques & Cash (sent at your own risk-suggest you send registered letter).
USA & Canada: Almost any payment method works (including personal check (cheque, in Canada), but Paypal, International Money order or certified check are preferred.
1) Postal money orders are cheapest and easiest for smaller orders. They convert to Canadian dollars, and send it to me directly.
2) International money order, draft or certified check (in USD, Canadian, Sterling, or Euros), BUT, be sure there is computer coding along the bottom of it, however, this is easy, inexpensive, and safe.
3) Cash via registered mail is an option, but you are responsible for it.
4) Bank transfer in Canadian dollars (just use the current exchange rate: you can check it at http://www.xe.com/ucc/). All of the shipping information you may need can be found on the contact page.